Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Unstoppable You


A few days before New Year's Eve I have a habit of scribbling a "to do" list for the up coming year. One thing that always seems to make it to my list is to start a blog. Since I'm determined to finally scratch it OFF my list once and for all, here I am.

Welcome to "The Chalkboard"; where it's my goal to inspire, encourage, minister and hopefully bring a smile to your day.

Over the past few months I've been thinking about my future and the desires of my heart. Like you, I have dreams and passions that I want to see come true. One of my greatest desires is to be an awesome wife and mother. I know God has planted this seed deep into my heart from birth...it has always been a part of who I am. My deep love for family and children swells my heart and brings tears of joy to my eyes.

I know one day my dreams will come true because I have surrendered my heart's desires to God and let Him take over. He has put in me the potential to be all He has created me to be and with Him all things are possible...because of Him I am unstoppable!!

What are the desires of your heart? What God given dream lies beneath the recesses of your soul? Do you have aspirations of becoming the world’s greatest teacher, or perhaps making it to the major leagues?

Are you living your dream or do feel like you've settled? Do you wonder what happened to the spark that kept you awake at night?

There are many reasons why dreams don’t come true. Lack of money or lack of education can hinder your dreams from being fulfilled. But a huge obstacle is people. I'm sure you know that what people say and do has a great impact on our lives; epecially people who are closest to us.

We have to be careful who we spend our time with. Try to stay away from the dream killers. You know who they are; the ones who tell you don’t have the skill, or you’re not good enough, or no one has done it before. The ones who every time you get a new idea tell you it’s a bad one. These people only have something negative to say when you tell them your plan.

Being around people who have no vision of who you are and who you can become will keep you in the same place. Dreams come true when you associate with those who have insight and believe in you and your dream.

While negative people play a large role in you not fulfilling your dream, they are not your greatest obstacle. Your worst enemy when it comes to your dream is YOU. Only YOU can make your dreams come true. You have to get out of your own way and let God take over because He knows best and if you ask, He will direct and guide your steps to make that dream He gave you come true.

My message for you today is, never give up! Don’t let negative people stop you from making your dreams come true. It may not happen over night but it can happen. There is inside you all of the potential to be who God created you to be.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Chantal. Go for your dream, I will do what possible to help you.
    AD

    ReplyDelete